Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Great Fire Wall of China:


First off I apologize for lack of posts and updates the past 3 weeks. My reasoning is that I was in China for work and the Chinese government has managed to censor the internet, this means a lot of sites are simply blocked while in China. You may have heard about the problems that Google has had with China.

Sites like Facebook, Twitter, and many blogs, especially on Blogger( a google run site) are blocked. So my absence from the blog was a forced one. Unfortunately for many running, I was quite busy while in China and did not have a whole lot of opportunity to run. I stayed in Shanghai, which has about 20 million people and it is less than an ideal place to run. Too many people, cars, bikes, scooters, buildings traffic, crazy drivers and pollution.

I did manage a few runs but the weather was nearly 90 degrees everyday with nearly 100% humidity, so even when I did get out it was difficult to get any quality runs in. Here are a few pictures from the trip and I'll be posting again on a regular basis, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment