Sunday, December 5, 2010

Long Runs:


I have been incorporating some longs into my off season training. Two weeks ago I did a 29 mile run and felt pretty good through the whole run. I took it slow averaging over 10 minute miles but all in all felt strong throughout the run, no crashes. This past Saturday I went for a 32 mile run and felt pretty good throughout the whole thing, even though some portions of the trails were not cleared yet and I had to run in about 6-8 inches of snow. My pace was slow, average pace of 10:30 miles, but with the snow and the distance I'm perfectly fine with that pace. I even picked it up for a few miles and clocked a 7:40 mile split at mile 30.

Why you may ask am I out in the cold and snow running for 5 or 6 hours, well long runs seem to be the key training tool for ultra marathoning, so I am incorporating them into my off season training, which in reality I am actually pretty much in training right now.

Here are some of my long runs

29 mile long run by jhanlon31 at Garmin Connect - Details

32 mile long run by jhanlon31 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment