Sunday, March 6, 2011

Video Post from Rome, Italy



Sorry...I've been on the road this past week or so for work so I've been bad at posting, but here is a quick video post from St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, Italy, I guess it's actually Vatican City. I was lucky that the Pope was in town and every Sunday he addresses the crowd in St. Peter's Square and blesses everyone.

As some of you may know I am running my first 100 mile race this April, so I figured I could use all of the help I could get. Even though I'm not Catholic I was quite amazed at Pope Benedict XVI he gave the initial blessing and address in Latin, I think, but then gave separate blessings in Italian, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese and one more language I couldn't figure out. He was even giving some shout outs to several groups that were in the crowd. It was pretty cool.

Even though I didn't get any running in today I think I put on about 15 miles of walking. I pretty much started out from the hotel at 10:15 and was walking around until about 6:15, yes I took a few breaks for site seeing but just grabbed some pizza from one of the small shops and staked out a good stop to do some people watching. The Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain are great places to hang out and people watch. At one point I actually was next to a group of American students that were studying abroad, it was funny to hear them having the same conversations that I did when I was abroad...oh to be young again.

Well, enjoy the video post I'll try and add some more pictures and videos later. I'm off to dinner, maybe try and find a nice outdoor spot in one of the big piazzas.

Arrivedercci...

No comments:

Post a Comment