Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Twin Cities Marathon 2009


Despite, one hectic week of traveling, presentations and recovering from a hamstring injury I did run the Twin Cities marathon. As I was sitting on the plane Friday evening I was sort of doubting whether or not I really wanted to go through with it. I know I was in good enough shape but still have some questions about my hamstrings and was simply exhausted from all of the traveling. When I got home I have to help move all of our furniture into our new apartment, so less then ideal circumstances for preparing for a marathon.

I did end up running the race and it went a lot better then I expected. I actually felt great for the first 18 miles or so and was on pace to beat my personal best up until then. But the last 6-8 miles I dropped off quite a bit from 6:20 to 6:35 minute mile pace to 7:00 to 8:30 minute mile pace. I am also paying for pushing that hard and potentially not fully recovering form the 50 miler and all of the above mentioned activities.

The Twin Cities marathon is always a great race and a lot of fun. You get to see a lot of both Minneapolis and St. Paul and its as close to a home field advantage as I can get. Being that I now live in the Minneapolis area and I went to school in St. Paul I used to run many mile up and down the last 1/3 of the course and now I currently run most of my miles on the middle 1/3 of the course.

Here are the results and you can see my pace results from my Garmin watch.

Chip Time:2:56:24
Overall Place: 205
5k Split: 20:26
10k Split: 40:58
Half: 1:25:26
30k Split: 2:02:02
20 Mile Mark: 2:11:14
Avg. Pace 6:44

Garmin Connect -
Activity Details for
Twin Cities Marathon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment