Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Little Recovery:


If you have been following my workouts that pat week you will notice that I have been taking it easy, to say the least. I believe that last week I ran close to 20 miles total, in my defense I was sick one day and had some nagging problems with my left leg. I think it is an IT band issue, but I'm not 100% sure. I know that I have been running on some worn out racing flats and switched to the Nike Free 3.0, which are a very minimal shoe that is suppose to simulate barefoot running.

All of this has lead to some minor problems with my leg and so I have been trying not to aggravate it. I rested quite a bit last week and have taken it easy the first few days of this week. Light run on Monday and substituted a spin class for my workout on Tuesday. Wednesday though I did a pretty hard workout on the track, 1200 meter repeats at 5k pace (5:00 minute per mile pace) and I felt really good. It was nice to have fresh legs and for once my cardio was what was limiting my not so much leg fatigue. I really felt strong and even though I was close to a 5 minute pace for most of my repeats it didn't feel that bad.

I have posted the workout below, hopefully my leg won't give me any more problems. Just 1-2 more weeks then its tappering time.

13.5 miles total (6x1200m @5k pace (5min) by jhanlon31 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. Whats your longest run in the 3.0's. They feel good as long as I keep it under 8 miles.

    ReplyDelete