Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Training


With the new already upon us I am a bit late in planning out my 2010 training and race schedule. This will be the first time I'm not following a specific training program, I am creating my own based on the areas I think I need to improve on and the programs and some of the resources that I have been reading up on. One program/running philosophy that I just started reading about and really appeals to me is the Lydiard running principals.


Arthur Lydiard is considered one of the most famous running coaches of all-time. He has been lauded as one of the outstanding athletics coaches of all time and is credited with popularizing the sport of running and making it commonplace across the sporting world. His training methods are based on a strong endurance base and periodisation.


I have found that having a strong base, lots of endurance training, really helps me and allows me to not only run a lot of races but increase my pace. Here is a good artical outline the basics.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment