Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back Home: Next up Ron Daws 25K


I am back in Minnesota, it has been 4 weeks of traveling, as you can see, I was in Spain, Portugal, France and Germany and then a week in Las Vegas. I know pretty tough life, well the only thing I have to complain about is that I didn't get in as much running as I would have liked. I did get to see a lot of amazing sites and meet a number of great people.

If you have to do a 20 mile run why not do it through the streets of Paris right? As much fun as it was to travel and see a lot of fascinating things it is good to be back home and not sleeping in a hotel.

It is time to buckle down and really get back into my training. I don't really want to over do it but I feel that I did not improve as much as I wanted to over the 4 weeks I was traveling. The weather is getting nicer and with daylight saving time I have another hour of sun light to run in so no excuses.

Sunday I did 20 miles and yesterday I did 3 miles in the morning, which were probably harder than the 20 on Sunday, but then I felt great after work and did 10 miles at about a 7:30 minute pace. I am not a big fan of running in the morning but it really helped to loosen things up and I felt pretty darn good in the evening.

Next race I signed up for is the Ron Daws 25K on April 3rd in Hopkins, MN. It will be the first race of the year and should be a good judge of where I am at. I am hope to run around a 5:50 mile pace which is just a bit slower than my expected 1/2 marathon pace. I'll post results later.


No comments:

Post a Comment