Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Running Abroad: Paris Part II



Stairs to the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of Paris (Above)

Basilique du Sacré-Cœur (Above) Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of Paris
Moulin Rouge

Yesterday I got in another 10 miles, this time it was through the north part of the city and it was good but a lot of stop and go and too many people to really run. I guess I shouldn't have picked a big shopping area to run in but the 10 miles went by fast and got to see some more great sites, though I'll have to admit that all the old buildings and Cathedral are all starting to blend together.

There was one very neat cathedral on top of a big hill that over looked the city which was a great view and though the legs burned a bit while running up the over 200 stairs it was worth the view. Unfortunately I didn't have time to stop in at Moulin Rouge.

Here are a few photos from my run. Today I was supposed to do 10 miles of LT (lactate threshold) training but this morning I went to move an end table to plug something in and really tweaked my back. Nothing serious I don't think but made it quite uncomfortable to run and pick up heavy objects. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow and I can get back to it, I don't need any more reasons to not get my runs in while traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment