Friday, April 24, 2009

Boston Marathon 2009!







Sorry for the delayed posting, but I was a bit busy.  The 2009 Boston Marathon was amazing, I ran a new personal best of 2:51:27 and had a blast the entire time. I think that two things really helped me to have great race:

1. All of the total body strength training that I have done this past fall and winter.  This really helped me out with the hills which I did not have any troubles with.  

2. Adopting a new more economical running style.  This helped with not only more efficient running style but helped with the hills and the strong head wind that we faced.  

The whole event was well organized and really the whole city embraces the race and runners. Thanks to all of the volunteers and organizers they really help to make the race run smoothly.   As I said I felt great the entire race, the crowd definitely helped.  They were along the entire route and were cheering the whole time, especially the last few miles it was really amazing.  

Well, two weeks until the Fargo Marathon, I feel pretty good and I'm taking it pretty easy this week and next week should be a good week of training then a week to tapper, then we do it all over again.  Though, I haven't decided if I'm going to try and run Fargo hard or take it relatively easy.  I know that it is hard for me to take thing easy, when its a competition.    

No comments:

Post a Comment