Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Running Gear


Salomon Speedcross


La Sportiva Crosslite


North Face E-Race BOA


North Face Thresher

I'm looking at getting some new running gear for a few trail races.  I took a look at some trail shoes and a few camel pack hydration pack.  As far as shoes go I think I'm going to go with either the Salomon Speedcross or La Sportiva Crosslite.  Both are trail running shoes and both are very much a minimal shoes relative to the average trail running shoes, which is what I'm looking for.

As far as hydration packs go I got to try out the North Face Thrasher camel pack and the North Face E-Racer BOA.  The Thrasher was nice but is was sort of big and it didn't have any water in it.  I think that the E-Racer is a little nicer, it is $30 more and it does have a new system that tightens over the water bladder so that as it empties it tightens and reduces the sloshing around.  But it does only have a 50oz bladder as opposed to the Thrashers 70oz bladder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment