Monday, February 1, 2010

First Day of Training

(That's not me by the way)

It is the first day of my official marathon training program for 2010. Yes, I did manage to find a training program that hopefully will help me break into the 2:30's and beyond. It is definitely a challenging program and peaks in weekly mileage of around 85 miles but is consistently up in the 70's and 80's for weekly totals.

Today was an easy 6 mile run, which I used as a recover run from my fairly hard 11mile run on Sunday and my week of inactivity while in Mexico city last week. The program is from the book Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger and Scott Douglas. I have only read about 1/3 of it but it provides a lot of great info for serious marathoners and is very specific to marathoning and is a very scientific approach to training. I will post a review once I have finished reading it.


No comments:

Post a Comment