Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Minor Issues:


As I have been training I have noticed that during my longer runs the area of my legs that hurt the most are generally below my knees.  My calves and Achilles tendon area, so I have been jumping rope as a warm up to try and help strengthen this area.  

I have also been doing some strengthening exercises like standing on one leg and with my hand point straight up, like I'm about to dive into the water I slowly bend over to tough something about waist high.  This helps strengthen a lot of counter balancing muscles below my knees.  Both these have seemed to help a lot for the short period in which I've been doing them.  

I have found that it really helps to strengthen your core and counter balancing muscles that often get over looked when focusing on strength training.    

No comments:

Post a Comment