Sunday, February 15, 2009

Workout: Long over due


Well, its been a long time since I've updated this but I have been quite busy training for the Boston marathon.  So to sum of up what I've been doing for the last 4 months, I am in week 4 of my Boston training program. 

Throughout the November and December I focused mainly on strength training, both upper and lower body.  I have also been shifting my strength training to functional strength training.  Which means I am doing exercises that strengthens multiple muscle groups using free weights.  This is beneficial because it not only strengthens your main muscle groups but also all of the secondary and counter-balancing muscles groups.  

The focus of my training for the marathon has been on building my cardiovascular endurance.  This means a lot of training in a high heart rate zone.  For me around 170-185 beats per minute.  


No comments:

Post a Comment