Friday, May 15, 2009

Count Down to the Stillwater Marathon


I decided relatively last minute, as far as marathons go, that I am going to run the Stillwater marathon on the 24th.  It is there inaugural race so I thought it would be fun, plus it is gorgeous country out in that area, potentially a lot of hills though.  I am not as concerned about the Stillwater race as I am of the following weekend when I will be running the Minneapolis marathon.  

Yes, a little crazy I know, but I feel great right now and I truth be told I'm really going to try and take it easy on these two.  They are more or less for "fun."  It will be interesting to see what type of field there is for the race, because Fargo, Minneapolis, Rochester and the Grandma's marathons are so close, I have a feeling  that they will be thinning the numbers out for each one.  We'll see though, marathons are growing in popularity every year.  

I checked the weather and it shows a high of 80 degrees, should be quite the change from Fargo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment