Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why?


For those of you who know me or just know about this blog know that I enjoy running and that I run quite a bit.  I often get that question "Why?" when I talk about all the running and races that I do, note that I am fairly mild compared to some.  I never really had a good answer for them most of the time, other than, "I enjoy it" and I do, but what I really enjoy is the challenge.  

I was watching a video on Dean Karnazes and they were interviewing people that ran with him for his 50 marathons in 50 days and one gentleman had never ran a marathon before and was inspired by Dean to run one.  When he was asked about weather he was concerned about the race and he said that his biggest fear was whether he would finish, but when stopped to think about it the only way he would fail is if he didn't go out and try

I have experience some success in my brief running career, no I haven't got a shoe deal or won a marathon yet, but I have done very well in the races that I've ran so far.  But I think that what really motivates me is getting out there and try and pushing myself to see what I can do.  Not trying is the only way I'll fail.

And I look good in running short...admit it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment